5 top Honeymoon Packages in India for Valentine’s Day
Fragrance of red roses in the air and confectioneries sold in extra pretty and colourful packets, it definitely has to be the Valentine Week of the year.
Well, I am still single so I do not have to take the pain of buying gifts, rehearsing proposal dialogues or planning that day. However, I have travelled a lot in India and therefore; my friends love to take suggestions from me while planning their trips. I recently got a call from my friend who is newly married and is planning for her honeymoon holidays in India.
While I was imparting my wisdom to her to choose the right place for her honeymoon, I thought of making a list of 5 best romantic tour packages in India that can make your Valentine’s Day, an extra special.
So here goes my list, Happy reading!
- Goa: Yes, the list starts with the party paradise of India, Goa! Probably there are no other beaches in India as popular as that of Goa. Start you trip with the famous beaches like Anjuna Beach, Baga Beach and Calangute Beach.
Explore Dauna Paula seashore and savour some sumptuous sea-food. Water-sport enthusiasts can indulge into activities like surfing, speed-boating, cruise ride, scuba diving and lot more. Visit Old Portuguese churches and also sweep your loved one off his/her feet with a secluded beach-side candle light dinner. Colourful sarongs can be a hit for the trip!
- Munnar: Rightly called as the ‘Lover’s Paradise,’ Munnar in Kerala undoubtedly stands in the list of top 5 Honeymoon Destinations in India. Rolling hills, sprawling tea-gardens, shimmering waterfalls and thrilling wildlife, anything and everything that you can expect from a hill station is present here.
Go for India honeymoon tour packages for Munnar to rejuvenate and re-connect with your loved one. Add spices to your trip by actually buying some of them!
- Darjeeling: And here comes the destination that can never go out of this list. Romancing in the serene vistas of Darjeeling has been a popular choice since the days of our grandparents. Snow-laden mountains, colourful small huts with sloping roofs, vast tea-gardens and the sound of birds chirping create a perfect ambiance for intimacy and soulful bonding.
Buy the famous aromatic tea from here to reconnect in the Darjeeling’s aromatic ambiance even when at home.
- Udaipur: Romancing royally! These are the perfect words to describe the honeymoon in Udaipur. Forts, monuments, old temples, lakes and camel rides will make your honeymoon a memory of the lifetime (although they are always a memory of the lifetime!).
The newlyweds will find themselves lost in love while enjoying the boat rides in the serene lakes. Buy local attire from here to wear on your next anniversary and relive the honeymoon days.
- Gulmarg: Had a fight with your love of the life just before boarding the train or the flight? Don’t worry! Gulmarg will mend every fight. Famous for its pristine beauty and proximity to Srinagar, Gulmarg is one of the most beautiful destinations to celebrate your Valentine’s Day. Horse riding, cable car riding, snow skiing and Golf is some of the activities you can indulge into.
Do not miss to go for a shikara ride in Dal Lake, you will love it. It is a much more beautiful experience than what it sounds. Enjoy some delicious non-vegetarian food and buy some silk shawls for your relatives at home.
I hope this list proves useful to you and can help you plan your honeymoon in a much better way. So enjoy honeymooning, enjoy travelling!